Finally, after a week of complaining about how I was at writing camp INSTEAD of watching the Development Camp, Meghan and I went to Day 6’s scrimmage, and I only have one word for you: amazing.
It’s good to see that so many of the Capitals prospects are so talented, with bright and shining futures ahead of them. Watching them play, I knew I was watching the shining stars of tomorrow play… Wow, that sounded really lame, but you cannot tell me it ISN’T true. Some highlights of the day were:
- Getting there at 9:15AM, and getting seats right in front of the glass, right before the curve, on the left side of the rink.
- Watching Eakin (!), Carlson, Orlov, Wey, Casavant, Kugryshev, and one of my new favourites, Eric Mestery, all playing on the same team, blue.
- Seeing Brooksy across the rink! I have incredibly crappy pictures :]
- Hanging around afterwards, seeing all the players, but only taking the time to meet Eakin, and take a picture with him!
- While hanging out in a random hallway, Boudreau walks by Meghan and I, and says ‘hello’. AND WE DIDN’T EVEN INITIATE THE GREETING!
- Wandering around the mall, and seeing Flemming and a yet-to-be-determined-prospect, shopping.
It was a good day. Meghan and I will have pictures soon.